HOME - SCHOOL AGREEMENT
- Provide a safe and happy environment in order for our children to develop.
- Offer a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum so that children develop a love of learning.
- Encourage children to strive for their best at all times.
- Encourage children to care for their environment and other people.
- Inform parents of the children's progress through annual reports and parents' evenings.
- Share successes, progress and achievements with parents/carers.
- Inform parents of any concerns that affect the children's learning or behaviour.
- Inform parents of the learning each term and let them know how they can help.
- Inform parents of school activities through regular newsletters and class letters.
- Set and monitor home learning appropriate to the children's age and skills.
- Discuss any concerns or issues in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Seek the support of other specialist or agencies in order to meet the needs of the child or family, as appropriate
- Show an interest in the child’s learning and progress in school.
- Ensure the child comes to school on time – in class when classroom doors open at 8.45am, ready for registration at 8.55am.
- Make sure the child attends school and provide an explanation when the child is absent.
- Attend parents evening meetings and other relevant meetings to discuss the child's progress.
- Support the school's policies and guidelines for behaviour.
- Inform the school of any issues, problems or concerns that might affect the child’s well-being and progress in school.
- Support the school's dress code and school uniform policy, including appropriate clothing for PE.
- Support the child in completing home learning and provide a suitable space to complete set activities at home.
- Provide healthy, balanced lunchboxes and snacks.
- Avoid taking holidays or additional days with their child in term time.
- Behave responsibly and safely online and on school grounds.
- Support school events, where possible.
Together we will:
- Encourage the children to behave in a respectful and considerate manner.
- Support children's learning to help them achieve their potential.
- Encourage the children to take care of their school, local environment and society.
Pupil's Name ……………………………… Class …………
Head of School
This Home-School Agreement will be reviewed and adapted as the children progress through the school.