Year 3 have been tasting different herbs in D&T and are now using herbs to make different savory dishes.
We started with a nut free pesto. To make the pesto, we:
- Cut an avacado in half around the stone. Removed the stone using a knife. Peeled the avacado using our fingers.
- Sliced the avacado into thin slices and cut these slices in half, leaving us with little chunks.
- Put the avacado into a bowl.
- Added sliced strips of basil to taste.
- Added a small grind of salt.
- Mushed the avacado with a fork and mixed in the basil and salt.
- Tasted the pesto - does it need more salt? If so, add some veggie parmesan.
- When we were happy with the taste, added cooked, cooled pasta.
We needed one avacado, some basil leaves, salt, oil and veggie parmesan (sometimes called "hard cheese").
Have a look at the fun we had below: