Oldway Primary School is an inclusive primary school and nursery which serves the children and families in its local community, with the majority of children living within walking distance of school.
At Oldway, we believe that all children deserve to be happy, healthy and safe. Our aim is to provide excellence and enjoyment within our school and learning community by:
- encouraging children to become highly-motivated life-long learners;
- achieving high standards of attainment and achievement for all pupils through strong teaching, effective school leadership and high-quality professional development;
- fostering an ethos of achievement for all which values effort and progress, and celebrates success;
- developing positive learning behaviours and skills in all pupils;
- providing an inspiring, challenging and broad curriculum which is relevant and accessible for all learners;
- encouraging high standards of attendance and positive behaviour for learning to allow every pupil to achieve their potential;
- developing respectful, appreciative, tolerant beliefs and attitudes so that diversity is understood and valued;
- promoting positive health and a healthy lifestyle;
- working in partnership with parents and carers, the school and the wider community.
At Oldway, our aim is for children to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners through the explicit teaching and nurturing of Oldway’s Values
and our golden rules: